All curriculum development in the Twin Rivers Unified School District is based on the California Common Core Standards (CCSS). Curriculum guides are updated regularly by the Educational Services Department, to align with the state standards, district goals, and the statewide assessment program.
- Life Skills Assemblies are held to celebrate students who demonstrate targeted life skills such as trustworthy, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship. Parents receive personal invitations to the assembly when their child is being honored.
- Academic Assemblies are held throughout the year to to recognize students academic achievements, learning about music, drama, science, etc.
- All parents and family are invited to participate in any and/or all of the assemblies.
- 6th graders who meet grade level standards may participate in the Promotion Ceremony at the end of the year.
An important part of academic success is insuring that all work is turned in on time. This includes assigned class work and homework. Using the following study skills will help to ensure your academic success:
- Be aware of all assignments.
- Have a good place to study, the quieter the better.
- Organize yourself before you begin studying so that you have all the things you need.
- Stay on task.
- Plan ahead. Do not postpone assignments until the last minute.
Gifted and Talented Education Program (GATE)
The purpose of the GATE program is to give identified students opportunities to acquire skills and understanding at levels commensurate with their potential. GATE students are identified through district standards that are outlined in the GATE application. Please feel free to obtain more information about the GATE program from your child’s teacher and/or the office.
Report Cards and Parent Conferences
Report cards are issued three times per school year. Progress Reports are given in approximately the middle of each trimester to update you on your child’s progress. Conferences will be held within the first trimester. Please check the district calendar for the start and ending date for each trimester. If you have any questions concerning your child, please contact your child’s classroom teacher.